Solskjaer not expecting January signings

first_imgManchester United caretaker manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has said he does not believe his side will make any signings in January. United have won all four of Solskjaer’s matches in charge so far after the Norweigan took over for the sacked Jose Mourinho. Mourinho was let go in part due to his public complaints over the club’s lack of activity in the transfer market, with the Portuguese particurally frustrated by the club failing to sign a centre-back.  Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘There is no creativity’ – Can Solskjaer get Man Utd scoring freely again? ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Solskjaer, though, has said he is content with his squad and doesn’t believe United will make any signings while the January transfer window is open. “I’m happy with squad I’ve got,” the 45-year-old said.”I don’t expect anyone to come in but obviously if the club have targeted and identified a few and I think they might fit here, I’ll give my thumbs up. But it’s not just my decision.”Nobody had to tell me I had loads of talented players [to inherit at United]. I can see that from outside.”Though United may not make any January signings, Solskjaer praised the scouting work the club does behind the scenes earlier on Friday.”The club’s probably had a plan, you don’t just plan the next day and next month but this transfer window has probably been planned since the summer and the year before, the structure is phenomenal,” the United boss told reporters.After wins against Cardiff, Huddersfield, Bournemouth and Newcastle to begin his United career, Solskjaer will lead United on Saturday when they face Reading in the FA Cup. The Red Devils will then return to Premier League action on January 13 when they travel to Tottenham.last_img read more

Read More »

College Football Star Will Be “Reprimanded” Before Team’s Bowl Game

first_imgFans watch during the game between the Louisiana State University Tigers and the University of Louisiana-Lafatette Ragin' Cajuns at Tiger Stadium.BATON ROUGE, LA – SEPTEMBER 19: Fans watch during the game between the Louisiana State University Tigers and the University of Louisiana-Lafatette Ragin’ Cajuns at Tiger Stadium on September 19, 2009 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. (Photo by Chris Graythen/Getty Images)One of the top defensive players in college football will be “reprimanded” before his team’s bowl game, but he’ll be able to play in the contest.LSU head coach Ed Orgeron announced this morning that senior defensive back John Battle will not be suspended for the Tigers’ bowl game against UCF.Battle appeared to throw a punch at the end of the LSU-Texas A&M game when a scuffle broke out on the field between the two programs.Orgeron has not specified what the “reprimand” will be yet.“He will be reprimanded…he will play. We’re not sure what the punishment will be yet,” Coach O said.Ed Orgeron on John Battle:”He will be reprimanded…he will play. We’re not sure what the punishment will be yet”#LSU #FiestaBowl #UCF @Fiesta_Bowl— Brian Holland (@BHollandSports) December 11, 2018Battle is a multi-year starter for LSU’s secondary, which is annually one of the top units in the country.LSU and UCF are set to kick off in the Fiesta Bowl on New Year’s Day. The game will begin at 1 p.m. E.T. on ESPN.last_img read more

Read More »